What information do we collect?
Should you order from us, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number and address information to allow us to ship your order and contact you if required.
We will hold your order history on file (which will include your contact details). It’s not a problem for us to delete tour contact details from this information if you’d prefer, please just contact us and we’ll do so right away.
If you sign up for our mailing list, we will keep a record of your name and email address. Every newsletter features an unsubscribe button so you can change your mind at any time and will be removed from this list on request.
What do we do with this information?
We require this information to fulfil the orders you place with us, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular:
- Internal record keeping as required by law.
- Order, dispatch and delivery confirmation emails, or to confirm a refund where applicable.
- To assist you with any queries concerning your order or any other query.
- To contact you with draft prints for approval where a custom or personalised order has been placed.
- If you choose to sign up to our mailing list - to send you information regarding our company and products that we believe to be of interest to you.
Who do we share the information with?
In order to run our business and provide our services to you, we work with a few third-party vendors, who help us to complete the functions outlined below. They include:
1) Our payments provider, PayPal, who enable us to take payments from you, our customers.
2) Our shipping couriers Royal Mail who will deliver your order.
3) Where we have your consent, marketing and survey providers like Facebook, and Trust Pilot. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by emailing us and we will remove you from our marketing lists.
Do we retain your personal data?
Only for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes which we have outlined above. The amount of information retained will be proportionate to how sensitive that information is. Legally we must keep basic information relating to purchases for a minimum of six years.
What about Cookies?
When you visit a website like alineinthesky.com cookies are identifiers that are passed to and stored by your computer. These cookies allow the website to recognise you if and when you return to the website. This allows us to:
- Know it’s you when you register and log-on to our website.
- Keep details of the items you have stored in your basket, so these can be viewed if you leave the site and come back.
- Help us improve the online customer experience we offer by using analytical tools like Google Analytics which help us understand how our customers arrive at and use our website.
- Ensure we show you the most relevant product and content on our website to make the experience as personalised as possible.
- Help us keep the site secure and help protect against any fraudulent activity.
- Share content with you that’s based on your interests through our site, newsletter and third-party advertising applications.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can block cookies so that your browser doesn’t accept them by adjusting the settings in your internet browser. Please refer to the help section of the browser to learn more about this. For the best experience whilst visiting our website we suggest you accept cookies from our site.
What are your rights?
You have various rights about your personal information and how others, including us, retain and manage it. These include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you within our business.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances where we’re not legally required to retain that information.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through by unsubscribing using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, you have a complaint, or you’d just like to know more, please email us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Updates to this policy
This policy may be updated from time-to-time. We suggest you check back periodically to review the latest version.